areas of experience
ORDBILDARNA has worked successfully with municipalities, provincial and central government departments, elected councils, associations of local authorities, training institutions and civil society and private sector organisations. Key areas of experience are:
Governance and service delivery improvement
- Programmes that improve public services (e.g. social services, water and sanitation, waste management, education, health, roads and transport, agriculture and rural development)
- Capacity development programmes that support decentralization and local democracy
- Goverance programmes for officials and politicians
- Strategic and integrated development planning
- Training of facilitators and trainers
Leadership and management development
- Capacity development programmes on leadership and management
- Human resources development and quality and change management
- Workplace health and safety management
- Counselling, personal coaching and business consulting
Sustainable rural and urban development
We have over many years facilitated sustainable urban planning and policy development processes and capacity development programmes for planners, officials and elected representatives.
In recent years we have also facilitated sustainable agriculture/agroecology development programmes, including integrated, cross-profession action learning on organic food systems.
Training management and development
- Programmes that strengthen training and development capacity
- Training trainers and facilitators
- Assessing training needs, designing training programmes and evaluation of results
Programme and project management
- Managing international development programmes and projects in complex environments
- Project management training
- Training in results based planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
Organisation development facilitation and evaluations
- Organisational reviews and needs assessments
- Facilitation of organisation development processes
- External evaluations of partnerships, organisations, programmes and projects
Handbooks and publications
We have developed a wide range of handbooks as an integral aspect of most of our programmes. We do this with clients and participants, which helps them to sustain learning and development, and outcomes and impact beyond actual interventions.
We also redesign, revise and edit development sector publications in order to improve their readability and visual presentation.